Monday, November 5, 2007

Sporting events are better in person.

My dad took me to many sporting events. We saw the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park, The Hartford Whalers (former NHL team), the Harford Wolf Pack and various other teams. While I am impressed by the sexy new flat screen T.V.s (especially those from Sharp) there really is no comparison to being surrounded by screaming fans, having your feet stick to the floors, eating stadium food that tastes great (then sits like a rock in your tummy) and the louder than you can believe music.

I am so grateful that he instilled in me the experience of being a sports fan.

Now, if only I could remember the names of the various sports teams here in the Pacific Northwest. Is it the Portland Puddles? Maybe the Washington Waterdrops?

Looking for a great gift idea? Take someone to a game. Just remember the ear plugs and Purell.
Post a Comment