Tuesday, December 11, 2007

If your child hates people dressed up in costumes, skip seeing Santa.


(You asked to be featured, Titania, so here you go!)

To be fair, I don't think that my niece is still afraid of Santa, since she is now practically a teenager.

However, I hate all mascots, Disney characters, clowns etc. and always have. I remember very clearly being at an Easter Egg hunt when I was young and being horrified of the Easter bunny. I try to avoid people dressed up in costume, but I think they can smell my fear as they have the tendency to come after me. My sweet husband tries to shield me from these monsters, but by the time he realizes there is one in our midst, it is often too late.

I was at the mall last week and walked the longest detour possible to avoid Santa, so I doubt our future children will get their picture take with him.
Post a Comment