Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No pain no gain


Last night I ventured out to our local community center to take a kick boxing class. Now, I already play racquetball with Martin 3x a week and work out at home 2x a week, but I have the tendency to get bored. So I thought I would get out of the house and try something new. I got there a little early, so I even got to use one of the treadmills.

getting to the front desk was easy
trying to pay was not
I had to restrain myself from knocking out the lady in front of me who asked questions for 10 minutes.

finding an empty treadmill was easy
learning not to push down too hard on the speed button was not
No one even noticed my shrieking. Damn ipods.

making a new friend was easy
figuring out her name was not
I'm calling her "Sweatyladytotheleftofme" until I see her next week.

making faces when I didn't understand what we were doing was easy
avoiding other people's kicks and jabs was not
I cannot believe the instructor didn't burst out laughing at me.

sitting down and resting after class was easy
listening to my male classmate tell me about how his snot was green was not
Seriously. That boy needs to work on his pick up lines.

feeling really great, invincible even, after finishing the entire class was easy
almost slipping on a wet pine cone in the parking lot was not
What are pine cones even for? Sheesh
Post a Comment