Friday, February 1, 2008

Politeness Can Take You All The Way To The White House

I received my State of Washington Voters' Pamphlet today.



As I was reading through the blurbs for the various candidates, I noticed an interesting trend, the Democratic candidates are much more polite.
(Yes, I realize that many of the candidates have dropped out by this time, but I wanted to use a fair sample.)

Out of the 8 Democratic Presidential candidates, 3 actually say, Thank you.
Out of the 8 Republican Presidential candidates, 0 say, Thank you.


In addition,

Out of the 8 Democratic Presidential candidates, 2 wrote a salutation and their name.
Out of the 8 Republican Presidential candidates, 0 wrote a salutation and their name.

Out of all 16 Presidential candidates, only one says, Thank You and wrote a salutation and their name.

Can you guess who that is?


Thank you, dear readers for reading this post, even though it isn't funny at all.

Sincerely,

missburrows

UPDATE: If you guessed Barack Obama, you are correct.
Post a Comment