Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tap in to something good.

I've been hearing radio announcements on Kink 101.9 fm, that the Tap Project is going on this week in Portland. Now, the name is a bit confusing, so I thought I would dispel some rumors about it.

The Tap Project is not about:


(Wire tapping)

And even though it is in Portland, it is not about:


(Tapping a keg)

And as much as you may want it to be, it is not about:


(Wanting to make sweet, sweet love to someone, aka "I'd tap that!")

It is in fact, about UNICEF providing children around the world with clean water. This week, March 16th-22nd, when you go to participating restaurants in the Portland area, you will be asked if you would like to pay for your tap water.

You know, the water that is usually free...anyway, perhaps it is the price of gas, or the fact that I just did my tax return but it seemed crazy to pay for something that is usually free.

But, then I read that just $1.00 can supply clean water for one child for 40 days. I'm meeting Cami Kaos and Dr. Normal tonight for dinner. So if the restaurant we go to is involved in the Tap Project, I'll be saying, give me a dozen!

I doubt I will even miss the money, since our tap water is apparently full of happy drugs.
Post a Comment