Wednesday, April 16, 2008

As long as you say it correctly, you can call me whatever you want.


(Pretty? Yes. Me? No.)


My friend Joleine (ha, I'm going to call you that and there is nothing you can do about it!!) recently wrote a blog post about the trend of heterosexual women not changing their last names when they get married.

I commented (very smartly too, if I do say so myself) on it, but find myself still thinking about her question.

When I was younger, I certainly thought I would take my future husband's name. I even practiced:

Lia Le Bon

Lia Vedder

Lia Keidis

Lia Matthews

and of course...

Lia Craig

But alas, when I actually got married, I didn't change it. Why not? Well, I had a perfectly good name already. Sometimes I use his last name and sometimes he uses mine. Everyone considers us a unit anyway.

And yes, that is my real first name. (I figured it was about time to use it.)

No, it is not short for anything. Yes it is spelled correctly.

Be warned, if you call me Princess Leia, I will hurt you. And not in a good way.
Post a Comment