Thursday, April 3, 2008

You too can be femimystical

Suprise! Now normally I don't do two posts in a row but the lovely lilacspecs is encouraging people to be proudly proclaiming!

I have been racking my brain all day for an idea of something to post about and granted I have also been enamored by my new EeePC (it's so tiny! it's so cute!).

So I thought I would share with you some of my favorite moments in feminism.


Moment #1:

Age 14-Angered at the fact that my father thought (or seemed to believe) that only my older brother was capable of mowing the lawn, I took it upon myself to mow the lawn.

I was soon anointed the official lawn mower of the household. (Damn it!)

Moment #2:

Age 16- After watching me pitch a ball, my brain-dead gym teacher said to me

"Sheeesh. You throw like a girl!"

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I believe I said, "What the hell did you expect me to throw like? I am in fact a girl, idiot-boy!"

Moment #3:

Oh, I can't tell you moment #3, but you can hear about it on CamiKaos' next podcast. We will cover it. (But she doesn't know it yet!)
Post a Comment