Sunday, May 4, 2008

At BarCamp, you can have the time of your life.

There I was, on day two of BarCamp Portland, eating dinner with Dawn Foster, Todd Kenefsky, Katherine Gray and this guy I call "my husband", when all of a sudden I felt a warm feeling behind me. I saw whispers of a ethereal light, a heavenly glowing light and when I turned around to see what it was, I saw this:




The Silicon Florist


AKA


Rick Turoczy. Noted blogger, doting husband and father, and lover of all things start-uppity in Portland.
(Photo stolen from Scott Kveton.)

And then. He spoke. "Well, hello, Missburrows, he said (with a slight Southern drawl) and how are you doing on this fine day?"

My heart was racing, my palms were sweaty (It was Rick Turoczy! Granted, not this Rick, but still!)

I opened my mouth, and said:

"I carried a watermelon."

He looked at me for a moment, then said, "Well, then you should probably put that in your Treasurelicious list, now shouldn't you."

I nodded my head.

Then I watched as he started to float away, leaving a trail of lightly scented rose petals behind in his footsteps.


*Warning: There is a slight chance that this did not actually happen, that I was hallucinating, so if you see Rick, please, please, (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) do not ask him. Thank you.
Post a Comment