Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Create a shrine

**Updated for your enjoyment below**

I thought I'd let you in on a little secret of mine. Whenever I am about to go to a big event I set up little shrines around the house. They are for people I am hoping to meet, hoping to talk to or even just stand next to.

Ignite Portland 3
is tomorrow. So today, I took out my candles and set up some shrines. I'll let you know how it works out!

First off...


Dawn Foster: high priestess of all things Tech. in Portland. (And not a werewolf.)




Nate Angell: who interestingly enough, took his wife's last name. (Sounds pretty shady to me. Overcompensating perhaps?)

(Photo of Nate, by Scott Kveton)





Scott Kveton: but only if he brings bacon. Otherwise, he's a bit meek for my taste.

(Photo of Kveton, by Josh Bancroft)



David Beckham-Burrows

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

---

It's 8:00 am, Thursday, June 19th. I only saw 50% of the people I made shrines for. (But thankfully, it was the good people: Dawn Foster and Nate Angell.)

Martin and I held court with The Kaos family, with occasional breaks to run through the halls of The Bagdad and quite a few trips to get food. I even had my first beer last night. Well, beer chip, close enough for me.

If you are in town for the next Ignite, I highly recommend you go! I just suggest you don't sit behind myself and CamiKaos, she was really obnoxious.
Post a Comment