Thursday, June 12, 2008

Don't be mean, and don't be average


Yeah, the title of this blog post makes me a little ill too. Oh well. What's done is done.

Moving on...


So there I was reading the highly intellectual, of the moment magazine, Glamour. I came to a page that states, "Is your body normal?" (July 2008, p.98)

So of course I took a peek.

It states:

The average woman's bra size is: 36C
Nope. Apparently I am both above average (band) and below average (cup).

The average height of an American woman: 5'4"
Which makes me an amazon, and makes Holly and CamiKaos deliriously happy.

The average woman's shoe size: 8
So close! I am a 8 1/2!

The average weight, in pounds of a woman in her thirties: 163
Again, nope. But not horribly far off.

So now I'm sure you are wondering, "Missburrows, what, if anything, is your point here?"

My point? You want to hear my point? Ok, here goes. All of the above is certainly interesting, but if we continue to compare ourselves to others, we lose sight of who we are and what we are made of.

I don't want to be average and I bet you don't either.
Post a Comment