Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's OK to like the Pussycat Dolls

Yes, yes...these are the things I think of at 1:24 AM went I can't sleep (thanks a lot, Iced Chai Tea Frappuccino).

You see, my husband dozed off at 9 PM, which left me lots of time to myself. I read 3 magazines, wandered around the house a bit and then turned on the T.V. Lucky me, I found Fashion Rocks 5!. So I watched. My mind wandered. And I watched.

And then the announcer mentioned that the PussyCat Dolls were coming up next. So I waited. (I'm sure we all did). And watched.



And I realized. It's Ok to say you like the Pussycat Dolls. It's Ok to say you watched some episodes of The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the next doll and even a bit of Girlicious (but only because it sounds so much like Treasurelicious).

Yes, they look like glammed up prostitutes, yes, they can't all carry a tune, their music videos are horrid (then again, one of my favorite dance music videos is Pat Benatar's Love is a Battlefield). But some of their music makes you want to move, inspires you to shimmy a little, even if you are only sitting at your desk.

Their confidence, their belief that they can: sing, dance and not fall over/fall out of their tricky ensembles is all something worth noting.

Don't cha think they at least deserve a chance? Don't cha?
Post a Comment