Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Label it

On Sunday, Martin and I had dinner at Fire On The Mountain. (Ok, it was around 4:45 p.m. so it was more like an early dinner and yes, we do go there a lot.)

Anyway, long story and 2 chicken tenders with Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce and a house salad later we left and headed for home. When I got home I started to empty out my purse of the items I always have within reach: PDA, cell phone and blood glucose meter. Only, there was no blood glucose meter.




I immediately had a flash back of using the bathroom at FOTM (Fire on the Mountain) pulling out my meter to test my blood sugar (It was 113! Awesome!) but then...I didn't remember putting it back in my bag.

I immediately riffled through four useless phone books before finally calling 411. (When did this get automated? It's the same lady that Bank of America uses. "Sorry, didn't quite get that...")

I called FOTM and asked if they had found my meter. I mentioned that the meter itself was green (Which I have since learned is actually called, "Limelight" well, excuse me fancy smancy One Touch) and told them we would be back to pick it up.

Needless to say, I have now labeled the inside of the meter with a "IF FOUND PLS. CALL 360-123-4567 OR YOU WILL CATCH DIABETES!

(Ok, maybe not that last part.)
Post a Comment