Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Teach what you know

Tonight I will meet some other Type 1 diabetics for a Supper Club type meetup. I asked the organizer why it's called a Supper Club if we are meeting at a restaurant (rather than making supper together), but she just looked at me with that "Oh, Lia, you are so anal." face I get a lot.

Besides being happy to meet some other Type 1 diabetics (I only know 5). I plan on picking their brains for my upcoming presentation at CyborgCamp on December 6, 2008.




My goals for the presentation include:

1) Continuing to talk even if I start crying.
2) Making at least one person snort-laugh.
3) Educating others on what it's like to be attached to an insulin pump 24/7.
4) Providing some hands on time with insulin pumps and glucose monitors.

Post a Comment