Saturday, January 24, 2009

Get Your Bag of Hope

When I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes back in 1989, I was fixated on a leather jacket I had seen in a catalog. I figured, that if I had to go through all the medical crap, I at least deserved a leather jacket. But I never got one. All I ever got was a Pink Panther coloring book.

Well apparently, newly diagnosed kids with Type 1 Diabetes will now have it better than I had! If they (or their parents) contact their local Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation chapter, they will get a free BAG OF HOPE!

The one I just saw contained some good stuff, including Rufus the bear and an awesome Carbohydrate Counting book.

If you live in the Portland, Oregon area please contact 503-643-1995, or email oregon-washington@jdrf.org (Please supply your full name, mailing address, telephone number, name, birth date, age at diagnosis and gender of child.)

Everywhere else, please find the information here.
Post a Comment