Saturday, January 10, 2009

If you don't like moss, don't move to the Pacific Northwest

You know that scene in Austin Powers 3, when he can't stop saying Mole? Moley, moley, moley, moley!

Well, here in the Pacific Northwest, it's moss. Mossy, mossy, mossy, mossy!

When we bought our house, the roof was covered in moss. I'm pretty sure I amused the house inspector with my blank stare when he informed me that you just, "Throw some Tide with Bleach laundry detergent up on the roof to get rid of the moss."

(We ended up getting a moss removing service to do the roof, since my arms are not 77 feet high.)

And, apparently moss is quite hardy. This mat sat under 2 feet of snow for about a week, and as you can see, the moss still looks happy and content.



One of these days I will actually do what I keep threatening to do: gather the moss and sell in on the Internet to rich people in Connecticut that want, "All natural moss from the Pacific Northwest!"
Post a Comment