Saturday, February 7, 2009

Go Frost Yourself

I picked up August 2008's Esquire magazine at the library. I'm crazy like that. Woo hooo! Esquire Magazine! Anyway...

The 10 Things You Don't Know About Women section pissed me off a bit. Actress, Andrea Savage was featured. Some of her things were O.K.,

"Murdering someone because he snores should be admissible in a court of law."


but the first one, the one she started with, really got me mad.

"Wedding rings need to be sparkly to remind us not to have sex with other people."


Now, I love sparkly as much as anyone, but that comment is simply bull-shit. I'm sure she was trying to be funny or witty or clever but it comes off as stupid.

It sounds like women are a commodity to be bought (hey, wedding dresses do often resemble gift wrapped packages) and that expensive, shiny things are what keep woman happy. You want to shower me with loose diamonds? Great. Just know that you can't buy my love that way. That takes work. Constant work.



Women will be happy when they do what they need to in order to have happy lives.

People cheat for various reasons, including the thrill of getting caught. No amount of diamonds will stop that.

Sparkly things are just the frosting on the cake of life. And there is no need to wait for a man to frost it. Frost it your damn self.
Post a Comment