Thursday, April 16, 2009

4 Painless Ways to Save Money RIGHT NOW!

1. Get Tap Water Instead of Soda When You Go Out to Eat
While dining out lately with my 14 year old niece, I noticed that she never ordered soda. That made me notice the amount soda goes for these day. Yikes! Save about $2 each time, plus you won't rot your teeth!

2. Swap Your Magazines
I leave my read magazines on my neighbor's doorstep. She appreciates getting them and I consider it money in the bank for when she needs to get rid of her bumper crop of fruit and veggies. (This also works in an office setting, just be sure you aren't making a mess for the cleaning crew.)

3. Hang It Up
Make sure you have installed towel hooks and clothing hooks in everyone's bathroom and bedroom. Make sure they know that except for underwear, socks and heavily soiled clothes, most items can be hung up and used at least once more before needing to be washed.

5. Use Them Up
The next time you are running low on shampoo or conditioner, use the little hotel bottles you have been saving for a rainy day. (Don't look at me like that, I know you have them!) You only really need one for your travel kit. Use up the rest.
Post a Comment