Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Don't Stand So Close To Me

Martin and I and our friends Alex and Kim went to a Lumberjax game last weekend.



Martin had gotten us pretty good tickets. We were almost close enough to touch the players.


(Stupid plexiglass)


Almost close enough to touch the Jax Dancers.


(Stupid plexiglass)

And so close, that I was only 4 seats away from the Lumberjax mascot, Jaxon.


(WHERE THE HELL IS THE PLEXIGLASS?)

If you've been a long time reader of my blog, or happen to ever be out in public with me during any holiday season, you will remember that I am not a fan of people in costumes.

While sitting down, I found myself leaning away from Jaxon. And later when Martin and I walked up to get some food, and happened to walk by Jaxon, my normally wonderfully, sweet husband, the one that normally shields me from these beasts, thought it would be funny to wave at Jaxon and try to catch his attention. (This earned Martin a well deserved smack on the leg from me.)

We return to the Rose Garden soon, to see the Lumberjax play again. This time I'll have Wayne to protect me, in case Martin gets out of line again!
Post a Comment