Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cap It Off

In August, I started collecting caps for my "Great Aveda Experiment". They claimed on their website they they would happily take rigid plastic caps from soda bottles, water bottles, etc. (Full description: here.)

So I started collecting them. And collecting them. And collecting them. Last week, I finally had the gallon bag filled to the top. (It weighed 768g. The gum package is for scale.)



So I headed off to our local Aveda, Vata Salon, at the Vancouver Mall, in Vancouver, WA. I had to go there anyway. Two birds with one stone and all that.

I really wasn't sure what would happen. I had tried to call ahead to see if they participated in the program, but all I got was an answering machine. I was prepared to be laughed out of the store.

When I asked the man (with the perfectly spiked hair) if they participated in the Aveda Recycle Caps program. He said, "Oh yes, of course! People drop things off all the time." So I handed over my gallon bag of caps and exited the store. I checked over my shoulder to make sure he wasn't just dumping my bag in to the trash, but he was working away at the computer.

So, will I continue to collect tops? Hell yeah. That was easy!

Note to Aveda: if I had earned some sort of coupon or % off for bringing in tops, I would have lingered a bit in the store, instead of booking out of there. Just saying.
Post a Comment