Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate

As you know, my trainer, Kara Carlson, wants me drinking 3 Liters of water a day. And since, sometimes, I do what people suggest, I am trying my best to do it.

So of course, I created a system to track my water intake. Kara wants me drinking 3 Liters, which equals 4 refills of my water bottle. (Yes, I measured.) Now, some people track how many bottles they drink by putting the target number of rubber bands (e.g. four) on their bottle, and then shifting a band down the bottle with each fill up. I tried that. It looked messy. (Even when I made my rubber bands into a lovely colored pattern.) So I came up with something even better.

I took a cling (those things PBS, The Sierra Club, etc. send you in the mail to try and get you to join) and snipped it into a small square. Then I put a number: 1,2,3,or 4 on each side of the square in Sharpie. So I start the morning with the 1 right side up, and each time I re-fill the bottle, I turn the square to the next number. It's worked like a charm, and doesn't make the bottle look crazy. It's also easily transferred to the other identical water bottle I have.

Now, if I could only fix my new habit of going to the bathroom every hour!
Post a Comment