Friday, September 18, 2009

Get To the Root of the Problem

"Alrighty, let's look at these X-Rays" my lovely chiropractor says. "Hmmm, that's weird. Have you ever broken your back?"

"No," I said, "I'm pretty sure I would have remembered that."

"Ok, but something here isn't quite right." She pulled off the x-ray and popped up another. "Oh, I see, you have an extra lumbar vertebra. It's rare, but it certainly happens."

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaa? I thought to myself, swallowing hard. "An extra what?" I squeaked.

"Let's get some better X-rays done of you, but I'm pretty sure you have an extra lumbar vertebra."

And in my shocked, scared (and trying so hard to hide it) classic Lia way I then said, "I hope this doesn't mean you are going to start charging me more. You know, since I have more bones than everyone else." And she laughed. (Which helped me keep from crying in front of her.)
Post a Comment