Monday, October 12, 2009

Luxe Your Life

There have only been 2 times in my life when my body has changed drastically in a short span of time. The first being puberty, and the second when I was 14 and lost 20 lbs in a span of 4 weeks (and was subsequently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes).

So, with no plans on ever getting pregnant, I figured my body would pretty much stay the same for the rest of my life. As you know, I have been exercising a lot and there have certainly been changes in my body from that, but I never thought that something as fundamental as a bra size would change. Even as my bra kept popping off every time I raised my hand, even as the straps kept falling down no matter how many times I tightened them, it didn't occur to me that perhaps something had changed. I just blamed the bras.

Finally, I cried mercy and headed over to Nordstrom's for an intervention. I was professionally fitted. The attendant then brought me 30 different bras to try but I just stood there in shock.

After being an "average" size all my life, somehow I had transformed in to something that required the word double. I eventually recovered my composure and quickly fell in love with some garments from Betsey Johnson (who happens to be from my hometown). They were only about $20 more than my usual brand, and are much better constructed.

So I'm slowly turning into a lady who only buys fine things.

But really, what do else would you expect from a girl who had a silken baby blanket?
Post a Comment