Monday, October 19, 2009

Tell the Truth



From time to time, I get requests from companies to try their products and then blog about it. I usually pass, because I wouldn't normally use the item they are hawking, and I don't want to be beholden to anyone (but myself). So when Katie Lewis of Rocket XL contacted me about Vaseline's new Sheer Infusion with Stratys 3 body lotion, I was going to say, "No Thank You." But then I realized that I was almost out of the current lotion I bought at Costco 6 years ago (I'm not even kidding). Katie assured me that Vaseline was only interested in brutally honest reviews of their product. So I said yes.

Here I go...

Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion with Stratys 3



Design: Beautifully designed, with one of my favorite (and so A.R.) things being that the stripe behind the type of lotion, e.g Mineral Renewal, matches the stripe on the cap of the bottle. The bottle also has a nice curve to it.

Packaging: No excess packaging, and in a HDPE 2 bottle with a screw on top which I will easily be able to recycle.(These are things I look for when shopping.) The flip top works well and the bottle fits nicely in my hand.

Feel:It's a medium weight, white cream that quickly absorbs in to the skin. I can put clothes on immediately without any problem.


Scent:
They are definitely fragrant. (Not something I'm used to.) I like the scent of Botanical Blend the best.


Price Point:
At 6.5 fl oz. I would guess that they would retail at $8.00. And amazingly enough, they retail at $7.99. But you can get them for even less with this coupon!

Ingredients: The first ingredient, and therefore the majority of this product is water. Stratys 3 is not an ingredient (like I originally thought), but rather three seperate moisturizing ingredients that work together. It also contains methylparaben and propylparaben, so if you are avoiding parabens, you will want to skip this product.

Does it work? Short term I would say Yes. I will need to use them for a longer period of time to really know if there is a difference in my skin.

Would I buy it?
If I saw the lotion on the shelf (and needed lotion), at the price of $8, I would probably buy it.

But time will tell the ultimate truth.


All images used with permission.
Post a Comment