Monday, November 23, 2009

Bounce Back

I actually slept through most of the night last night. There was no fence destroying storm (on the plus side, our yard looks enormous now) to keep me awake, the extra down comforters kept my corpse-cold toes warm enough for me to sleep, and I was able to ignore the discomfort from my incision.

This means I currently have the most energy I've had in the last 3 weeks. I am taking note of all the appointments I had to cancel, window shopping on-line for lingerie (shouldn't a scar be bathed in silk?), telling my walking partner that I'm back on for Tuesday, babbling on and on to my poor, sweet husband, and thinking about bikinis. Bikinis? Seems I've never had one. That's a damn shame. I'm going to have to do something about it.

I know that the energy high I am on right now will not last all day. I fully expect to crash. But with my first post operation appointment on today's docket, and stacks of books waiting for me at the library, I am all smiles.
Post a Comment