Sunday, December 27, 2009

Adjust

So, it's only been a few days and I've already decided to change my workout schedule. I've decided to try and match it a little more closely to what my trainer had originally put in place.

M, W, F: 60 minutes treadmill (or walking hilly streets outside)
T, TH: My "I'm not allowed to jump" intervals

Intervals
2 sets of 10 bicep curls (13.5 lbs)
Walk up and down the stairs 4 x (there are 15 steps in my stairs)
2 sets of 10 hammer curls (13.5 lbs)
Walk up and down the stairs 4 x (there are 15 steps in my stairs)
2 sets of 10 concentration curls (13.5 lbs)
Walk up and down the stairs 4 x (there are 15 steps in my stairs)
2 sets of 10 shoulder shrugs (13.5 lbs)
Walk up and down the stairs 4 x (there are 15 steps in my stairs)
2 sets of 20 triceps dips

I am not allowed to do any other strength building exercises (crunches, lunges, etc.) so I will start with these and add more as my physical therapist assigns them. And each week I will either add more repetitions or more weight.

By doing the treadmill program and the interval program, I won't get bored quickly, I will continue to increase my upper body strength, and I will continually challenge my muscles.

(I may however wear out the rug on the stairs.)
Post a Comment