Friday, December 18, 2009

Continue Your Journey

5 weeks ago today
5 weeks ago today I was about to go in to surgery
5 weeks ago today I was scared out of my mind and arguing with the anesthesiologist
5 weeks ago today I was outfitted in scratchy green socks and a cotton gown
5 weeks ago today I had my first surgery ever

Today
Today I did 60 minutes on the treadmill
Today I walked on it backwards and sideways
Today I cranked the incline up to 10%
Today I walked out of the gym wanting more

Monday
Monday I meet the doctor for my second post operative appointment
Monday I will ask gross questions like,"Did you actually cut through my muscles to get to the disc or where you able to push them aside?"
Monday I will find out if any of my current restrictions are lifted

Monday I will make any necessary changes and continue on this journey.
Post a Comment