Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Print It Out

Yesterday, I had my first appointment with a physical therapist for my six week LUMBAR SPINE REHABILITATION PROGRAM. I had prepared a sheet ahead of time with my current exercise program, with times and weights all nicely listed for his reading pleasure. He was giddy with joy when I gave it to him. Right there, on the paper, in black and white, was exactly what my body was currently capable of. He didn't have to drill me about what I had been doing, how much weight I could lift. None of that.

He was confused a little at first. "Wait, you are walking on a treadmill for an hour, three times a week?" he said. "Wow. That's awesome." He gave a huge thumbs up to my walking sideways and backwards on the treadmill, and my use of the incline.

I did some tests (mostly about how far back I could bend) and then we started on my new exercises. When we were done, he told me that he sees most people 3x a week, but that since I was could do everything at home, and since he knew I was super motivated (he had the proof of that in his hands), I would only have to come in once a week.

I'm planning on incorporating the new exercises in to my plan, have set up a way to track that I am in fact doing them everyday, and plan on giving him a full report next week.
And I am monumentally proud of myself.
Post a Comment