Monday, January 11, 2010

Try It Sideways

Every time I go to the gym to exercise on the treadmill, I walk sideways. First one direction, then the other. And every time I do this, someone on another treadmill or elliptical will look up at me in surprise. I want to tell them why I am doing this, but I'm not about to shout. So, I'll do it here.

3 reasons You Should Walk Sideways (& Backwards) On The Treadmill:


1. It uses muscles that get neglected when you just walk forwards

2. It breaks up the monotony of exercising on a treadmill

3. It helps with balance

And as an extra super bonus point, my new physical therapist, Mike, says walking sideways on the treadmill is fantastic.

Just be prepared to smile at all the people that stare at you.

Learn more about walking sideways from Prevention Magazine or Livestrong.
Post a Comment