Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Build More Muscle

I've been exercising & eating consciously for about 9 months now. And I am almost up to the levels I was able to do before my back surgery. Which means of course, it's time to change things up. The major change will be changing from two 45 minute weight lifting sessions a week to three. Muscle burns fat, supports your body, increases bone strength and makes you look amazing. So I want to make more of it.

I've also mixed up the exercises a bit, taking some from what my trainer has suggested, what my physical therapist has suggested, and what I read about ab muscles.

So my routine, starting March 1, 2010:

60 minutes cardio 3x week

(Options)
*Outdoor walking hill routine
*Various heart pumping exercise DVDS
*Treadmill program
*Walking with friend

45 minutes weight lifting/cardio 3x week

15 reps Lunge w/ bicep curl & shoulder press (8.5 lbs)
15 Side step up on bench w/ squat (8.5 lbs)
Repeat each set 1x

*2 minutes of cardio: jumping jacks, running in place etc.

15 reps One arm row (8.5 lbs)
15 Chest Press (8.5 lbs)
Repeat each set 1x

*2 minutes of cardio: jumping jacks, running in place etc.

20 Triceps Dips
5 Push Ups
Repeat each set 1x

*2 minutes of cardio: jumping jacks, running in place etc.

30 seconds hold Plank
30 seconds hold Side Plank
Repeat each set 1x

*2 minutes of cardio: jumping jacks, running in place etc.

15 Crunches
15 Bicycle Crunches
Repeat each set 1x

*2 minutes of cardio: jumping jacks, running in place etc.

15 Medicine Ball Mini Twists (6 lbs)
10 Superman
Repeat each set 1x

*2 minutes of cardio: jumping jacks, running in place etc.

The End

My ab and back exercises are not at the levels I'd like them to be, but I'm not willing to hurt myself, so I will take it slow and add more as I get stronger.

Eventually I will repeat each set 3x.

Wish me luck!
Post a Comment