Thursday, March 25, 2010

Make A Lot Happen In Only 10 months

10 months. That's how long it's been since I started exercising and eating with intention (including back surgery and recovery).

10 months ago I never thought I'd ever be psyched to do an elevated feet plank, to love the burn of my muscle fibers tearing, or to be in awe as the layers of fat on my stomach are slowly burning off and revealing a hint of my rectus abdominis.

But I do. And it's glorious. And I'm not stopping now.

It took research from three books and various web sites, but I've come up with 4 weight training programs that I will switch between every six weeks. Weeks 1-2 has 1 set of 15 reps, Weeks 3-4 has 2 sets of 15 reps, and Week 5-6 has 3 sets of 15 reps. When I get to the end of the 6th week, I increase my weights by 5 lbs, start with a new program and begin again at 1 set of 15 reps.

In order to make the exercises that don't usually involved weights (push-ups, planks, etc.) progressively harder I've added variations for them in each new program.

In total, this should last me for 36 weeks. Or about 9 months.
Want to know what crazy things I will doing then? Single leg stability ball jackknives, and chair to chair triceps dips with a 5 lb weight in my lap.

Yes, I know. I've completely lost my mind.
Post a Comment