Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Refuse To Die Of Heart Disease

I believe I've stated this before, but I'll do it again. Statistics show that because I am female and because I have Type 1 diabetes, I will most likely die of heart disease (heart attack). Yes, well, statistics be damned, I utterly REFUSE TO DIE OF HEART DISEASE!

It's not that I don't want to die. We all die. That's just how it goes. But I refuse to die of something so stupid and preventable.

So what am I doing to prevent heart disease?
*Don't smoke (never have)
*Eat good food (lots of fruit & veggies)
*Exercise at a high intensity 6 times a week (3 cardio, 3 weight training)
*Reduce stress
*Watch my cholesterol levels (lipid profile)
*Positive outlook on life

And the fact that I'm having quite a lot of fun getting stronger and reveling in the post exercise endorphins. That's a bonus.

Need more info on preventing heart disease? Check out the American Heart Association.
Post a Comment