Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Upgrade Your Pleasure

I like chocolate, I really, really, like chocolate. But I know it's not smart to eat it constantly. I tried to eat less by eating well, inferior, chocolate products, and that did not work at all. So, this year, I decided to upgrade instead. I always watch portion control (often measuring out my allotment) and try to be mindful of what I am eating.

Instead of M & M s or Peanut M & M s, I have Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds (Trader Joe's makes some good ones).

Instead of store bought/brand cookies, I have a Kashi's TLC Oatmeal Dark Chocolate cookie.

Instead of Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes (basically total crap) I have the occasional artisan cupcake at a bakery. (Occasional= 1x year.)

Instead of regular chocolate bars, I have Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Cocoa Nibs (75% Cacao).

I try to avoid milk chocolate, since it just makes me want more. But if I am dying for some, I skip the American brands and go for Milka (available at Amazon, Cost Plus World Market & Target). WARNING: Once you go Milka, you won't go back.

I try to stock small quantities of these items at home at all times (freezer, back of cabinet, etc.) and often promise myself some "quality time" with them if I skip a dessert option that has been offered to me when I am out of the house. It works every time.
Post a Comment