Friday, July 2, 2010

Chalk It Up For Agility

You know what an agility ladder is right? Yeah, that's what I thought. Here's a photo for reference:



They are used to increase hand and foot coordination of athletes of all types. I see them as a easy way to increase the intensity of my cardio workouts.

Now an agility ladder costs about $50, and I am *say it with me now* extremely cheap. So, as much as I like the idea of adding intensity to my workouts, I don't like detracting from my bank account (and cluttering up the house). The weather has been very nice here lately and I have no interest in working out indoors if I don't need to, so I have created the chalk agility ladder:



Each rectangle is 12" wide and 16" long (my feet fit fine, but you might want to make your spaces a little bigger) and I ended up making it 18 feet long. I used some chalk and a yard stick and it took about 6 minutes to make.

I plan on doing my 45 minutes of cardio on it tomorrow. The amount of things you can do with it are quite amazing. Here's a great video showing a few of them:



Enjoy!

NOTE: The ladder ended up being a little on the small side, and the rain has now washed it away. But I have new *evil* plans for it.
Post a Comment