Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ramp It Up


Just wanted to give you a update on my current weight/strength training program.
I include the amount of weight I lift, because I think it is important. All the fitness magazines show programs with dinky weights, which is unhelpful.

This program is done 3x a week.

15 One legged squats with front & side raise (8 lb. dumbbells)
15 Stand Up Curls (18.5 lb. dumbbells)
* 2 Minutes rest/jogging in place

15 One arm rows on a stability ball (18.5 lb dumbbells)
15 Chest presses (18.5 lb. dumbbells)
* 2 Minutes rest/jogging in place

15 Skull Crushers (8 lb. dumbbells-I could do more, but it makes me uncomfortable to have that much weight near my head.)
15 Plank Push Ups
* 2 Minutes rest/jogging in place

Plank Toe Touch (30 seconds)
15 Double Leg Stretches
15 Drawbridges
* 2 Minutes rest/jogging in place

15 Hip Cross Overs
15 Prone Cobras

For the fast few months I had been doing:
One set of each exercise for Week 1 & 2
Two sets of each exercise for Week 3 & 4
Three sets of each exercise for Week 5 & 6

This gave me ample time to get my muscles up to speed, prevented injury and still helped me make gains in muscle. But I have decided it's time to go back to what my trainer originally prescribed:

One set of each exercise for Week 1
Two sets of each exercise for Week 2 & 3
Three sets of each exercise for Week 4 & 5

It's been 8 months since my back surgery, and I'm ready to push a little harder.
Post a Comment