Friday, August 6, 2010

Take A Closer Look


I'd say I've lost about 15 lbs in the past year. And according to the height/weight charts I have 15 more to go (but the exact number is debatable). I definitely have subcutaneous fat (I need it to insert the needle of my insulin pump infusion sets) but the amount of it is lessening. I have yet to read what it actually feels/looks like to be losing fat and gaining muscle, and it's taken me a few weeks to come up with a scenario to share with you, but here it is.

Ok, picture a 10 X 10 X 5 inch sheet of Jello (Lemon flavored). It wiggles, it jiggles, etc. This is me a year ago.

Ok, now put a cookie sheet under the Jello and slice it down to 2 inches high. Take a spoon and lightly carve out some of the Jello. This is me 9 months ago. The cookie sheet is like a wall of my developed muscles, and the reduction in Jello is a reduction in overall fat due to weight training, cardio and food management.

Ok, now every 6-8 weeks, poor warm water over the Jello and watch the whole thing shrink just a little. This is where I am now.

It's not glamorous, but it's what happens. I thought someone should explain it.
Post a Comment