Saturday, October 23, 2010

Grind It Up

If you've been around here for a bit, you will notice that I am cheap and don't like to waste things. AND I like good food. This doesn't always go together. So when I found myself with two loaves of heels in the freezer (AGAIN) I decided to make something new out of them: bread crumbs.


This has to be the easiest recipe in the world: Add bread to food processor and process.

If you want fresh breadcrumbs (best for adding to meatballs or for topping a casserole) just throw the bread in the food processor and process away.



If you want to have dry breadcrumbs (best for coating chicken, fish, etc.) just toast the bread first. Since you will probably have a lot of bread crumbs after this process, do remember that both types freeze really well.


(L: Fresh R: Dry)
Post a Comment