Monday, April 25, 2011

Spice It Up! Part 1 of 3


I like food. I really like food. I refuse to eat junk, which pretty much leaves me with whole grains, veggies, lean protein, and fruit. I like these things, but I also like to change things up a bit, so I am playing with herbs and spices. Herbs and spices usually add zero calories and carbohydrates but lots of taste to a meal, and often have antioxidants and other good for you stuff.

Experiment 1: Mrs. Dash

I always thought that Mrs. Dash was a mish-mash of chemicals and additives (not something I'm going to add to my food) but I kept hearing good things about it in various fitness magazines. So I finally picked up the bottle and read the ingredients when I was at the grocery store:

Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb: Garlic, Onion, Spices, (Black Pepper, Parsley, Fennel, Basil, Bay, Marjoram, Oregano, Savory, Thyme, Cayenne Pepper, Coriander, Cumin, Mustard, Rosemary, Celery Seed), Carrot, Orange Peel, Spice Extractives.

See? Not scary at all! We eat a lot of steamed veggies, and I plan on using Mrs. Dash on them.
Post a Comment