Monday, May 30, 2011

Have Your Way With P90X: Month 2

Today starts month 2 of P90X LIA. Am I glad that I altered the prescribed P90X routine? Oh my god, yes. I was able to get through the month, always challenging myself, yet never injuring myself. And that is exactly what I was looking for. Have I seen a difference in my body, even though I haven't followed the program exactly? Again, yes. I do think a lot of that has to do with my cleaner eating, but increasing the number of push ups I am doing from 20 to 100+ a week has made a big difference.

After a month of using the P90X DVDs, I have a better understanding of what is on them, so I've been able to alter the program even more. For example: Legs & Back is about a 60 minute DVD, so I split the routine in to two parts: A & B. I will do part A for a few weeks and then part B for a few. This increases my ability to use the DVDS, and will hopefully alleviate boredom for a few more months. Unfortunately, after doing the Kempo DVD about 8 times, I am now bored of it, so I need to take it out of rotation for awhile.

So, here's month two of P90X LIA:

Mon:
30 minutes of Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps
30 minutes of cardio (Turbo Jam DVD my friend Stephanie is letting me borrow)

Tue:
60 minutes of cardio

Wed:
30 minutes Legs & Back (Part A)
30 minutes cardio

Thu:
60 minutes cardio

Fri:
30 minutes Ab Ripper
30 cardio

Week 1-3 I will start with 13 reps of everything (push ups, etc.) and then increase as needed. Week four I switch out the strength training for yoga/pilates but keep the cardio.

I look forward to stretching out this routine as long as possible, but I already have eyes for another DVD set in the Beachbody stable: Insanity.
Post a Comment