Thursday, May 26, 2011

Share It With Your Friends

I had been talking with my friends Gina Anzaldo and Dawn Foster about organizing a Geek 5k for the Portland, OR area for a few years. They both love to run, and I was interested in organizing an event that got people moving, rather than just having them sit in front of a screen. Other things got in the way, time passed, and nothing was ever done.

Until now. Well, last month, but whatever... a few weeks ago I was inspired by my friend, Josh Bancroft's I'm Done Being The Fat Guy blog post, inspired to get that PDX Geek 5k up and running.

So, please join us on Saturday May 28th at 8:00 am PDT for the first ever (that I know of) PDX Geek 5k. Full details here.

And if you can't join us, please do find some time on Saturday to get up and move. It will improve your mood and your health!
Post a Comment