Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blast Through Your Fears

This weekend, my husband and I are taking the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course. Yes, you read that correctly. We are going to learn how to properly use guns! We've been talking for awhile about learning how to shoot. I am scared of guns and I'd like to know how to properly handle it if I ever came across one. In addition, my husband and I both want to learn a new skill. I loved archery when I was younger, so I'm sure once I get over the nervousness of actually handling a gun, I will love shooting at the target.

We are going to Cascades Firearms Training for a full day course and will be putting ourselves in the capable hands of Mike and Mark. We will be bringing some equipment (hat, earplugs) and will rent some on site (gun, possibly more ear protection).

Interested in taking a gun safety course? Here's the full list of courses the NRA offers.
Post a Comment