Monday, November 7, 2011

Make Your Smoothies Wonderful


I have been a fan of POM Wonderful ever since it came out years ago. Pomegranate juice is wonderful for you for all sorts of reasons. Although the juice is available all year round, I like to buy it in the fall. It's a nice change from all the apples and pears I'm eating and it's often on sale. I continue to buy POM Wonderful because they don't use fillers (apple juice, white grape juice, etc.) just Pomegranate juice (and the other juice mentioned on the bottle).

That being said, it can be a hard juice to drink. It's quite tart. I used to make Pom spritzers, (some juice + sparkling water) and this year I'm making smoothies.


POM Wonderful Smoothie
  • 4 oz. (1/2 cup) POM Wonderful (I prefer the 100% Pom or Pom/Cranberry)
  • 140 g. (1 cup) Frozen berries/cherries (I prefer Trader Joe's Very Cherry mix)
  • 113 g. (1/2 cup) 1% Plain yogurt
  • Splash of water
  • Tbsp of ground Cinnamon
Throw it all in the blender, blend and enjoy!

Makes one serving:
Calories ~ 235, Carbohydrates- 50
Post a Comment