Saturday, December 10, 2011

Don't Masque Your Man

I was reading Redbook magazine the other day when I saw an ad for a product called Masque that made me do a double take. Masque is a "orally dissolvable, flavored gel strip...that conceals any unpleasant flavors associated with your man and his subsequent climax."

What the heck? A gel strip to mask the taste of semen?

I'm used to the marketing ploy that women should be given favors for sex ("Expect flowers tomorrow."- Masque) and the misguided notion that a women's vulva/vagina should look and smell like fruit (Exotic Kiwi!) flowers (White blossom!) and rainbows (Sporty Fresh!).
(These are actual scents from Summer's Eve, and FDS.)

BUT, never in my brief 36 years have I ever heard, read, or seen anything in the mainstream media that would ever suggest that anything regarding the taste, smell or look of a naturally occurring male sexual function needed to be fixed. I am dumbfounded.

I'm not saying I disagree with the notion that semen can taste "bad", I'm just saddened that a company is turning it into a full fledged issue. And cashing in on it at $4 a sucralose filled strip. Each strip only lasts 15 minutes, so no pressure boys, but you'd better get to it quickly!

Getting complaints that your semen tastes bad? Is your partner reluctant to even give it a try? Here's a tip: Stop asking about it every 5 minutes, take a shower before bed, stop smoking, and stop eating crappy food. Yes, that's right! The same thing that helps with fitness, heart health, mood, cravings, depression, pretty much anything, helps with less than lovely tasting semen.

And if your partner still isn't interested, know that for various reasons some people just don't like it. There is nothing wrong with you and there is nothing wrong with your partner. Each person has their own sexual preferences and those needs to be honored.
Post a Comment