Sunday, December 18, 2011

Warm Up With Quinoa

As much as I love my morning smoothies, they tend to make me cold when I drink them. That, combined with a super sweaty body works great in the fall/spring and summer, but not so great in the cold of winter. But with fruit so scarce this time of year, I still wanted to use my frozen berries, so I created

Quinoa Fruit Cereal

1/2 cup cooked quinoa
140g frozen berries/fruit


I measure/weigh the quinoa and berries out in to storage bowls beforehand and stack them in the fridge. When it's time to eat, I transfer one of the bowls to a microwave safe bowl and zap it for 2 minutes. Then I add a little soy milk and a lot of cinnamon. It sort of tastes like a fruit cobbler. SORT OF! I like to eat this with a side of plain Greek yogurt, green tea, and my fish oil.

I get my fiber (fruit + quinoa), I get a filling portion of protein (yogurt + quinoa), and I get antioxidants, minerals and such (fruit + cinnamon + quinoa) AND I don't start the day off freezing to death.
Post a Comment