Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fill Up With Oatmeal

I love good for me/tasting food, I love making things easier, and I love saving money. My new breakfast of choice speaks to all three: Overnight Oatmeal.

Overnight Oatmeal:
1/4 cup raw oats*
1/4 cup water
140 g frozen berries/fruit

The steps are exactly the same as for my Quinoa Fruit Cereal:

I measure/weigh the oatmeal, water and berries out in to storage bowls beforehand and stack them in the fridge. When it's time to eat, I transfer one of the bowls to a microwave safe bowl and zap it for 2 minutes. Then I add a little soy milk and a lot of cinnamon. It sort of tastes like a fruit cobbler. SORT OF! I like to eat this with a side of plain Greek yogurt, green tea, and my fish oil.


The water softens the oatmeal, so it is easier to cook in the morning. I have read that you can eat it cold, but I prefer it warm. I like to alternate between this breakfast and my Quinoa Fruit Cereal. It's kept me warm and happy every day for weeks now. I'm sure you will like it too!

*Oatmeal will double in size. Since I want 1/2 cup cooked, I start with 1/4 cup of oats and 1/4 cup of water.
Post a Comment