Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just Say Amen

I have read many a fitness/nutrition/diet book and they usually disappoint. I don't like the 30, 60, 90 days plans because they don't teach or reinforce healthy choices long term. And most books completely overlook the most powerful thing in weight loss/fitness: your brain. This is why I am delighted to recommend, Dr. Daniel G. Amen's book, The Amen Solution: The Brain Healthy Way to Get Thinner, Smarter, Happier.




It's not particularly exciting or groundbreaking, but it groups all the things I believe about health and fitness in to one place, and stresses that you are the only one that can make any of these changes happen. He explains what salty, fat, sugary food does to your brain and body and gives you solutions to stop your cravings.

I have read many of his other books, so some of the information is a repeat, but I really think that this book has the whole package. Moreover, I appreciate his honesty: weight loss takes hard work, permanent lifestyle changes, and commitment. But it will make you feel better, have more energy and improve your mental outlook. Folks, there is no pill, powder, food or workout that will magically and effortlessly make you lose weight, gain muscle and feel energized. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be on your way to reaching your goal.
Post a Comment