Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Work It Out

For about 72 hours last week, I thought I might be starting a full time job. It was not to be, but in those 72 hours I quickly revamped the legs that keep the stool of my life from tipping over.

1. Access to nutritious, filling, sustaining food

Because of time constraints, I would go back to having my smoothie in the car on the way to work. I realized that my Overnight Oatmeal and Greek yogurt would make a fantastic lunch, and identified at least one place near the office where I could get some quality food. I also made up 4 lunches (Quinoa & Edamame) and stored them in the freezer for easy access.

2. Daily morning workouts
Starting with the time I was suppose to be at the office, I worked backwards to figure out what time I had to wake up so that I could get at least 30 minutes of exercise in. I also pledged to do 15 minutes of walking each day before lunch.

3. Continuing my weight loss journey

I knew that I needed to eat a reduced amount of calories in order to lose weight, but working will burn more calories than usual. So I planned on having a 200 calorie snack at 3pm, moving dinner to 6pm and possibly eliminating my 200 calorie evening snack.

Those 72 hours were crazy but I learned a lot about my priorities and feel even more ready for when I DO begin a new job.
Post a Comment