Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stick It, Stupid

Our washing machine spins at a surprisingly fast rate. We often expect it to either take off in the air or "walk" right out the door. Because I keep a folded towel on top of it (to keep it from getting scratched) I have to pick that towel up off of the floor every time I do a load of laundry, which is really annoying. We've had the washer for about 7 years, I do about 3 loads of laundry a week, so that means, I've picked that towel up roughly 1092 times.

I've tried putting things on top of the towel, to keep it from falling off, but then I can't use the top of the washer, and that item just lands on the floor too. I was scheming up a plan to attach magnets to the towel, when I realized I never tried the easiest solution: tape. I always assumed it wouldn't work. So I took my handy blue painter's tape, formed it in a loop, and stuck the underside of the towel to the top of the washer.

It hasn't moved since.

Moral of the story: blue painter's tape is MAGIC! (Plus that thing they always say about assuming.)
Post a Comment