Friday, April 27, 2012

Jack Up Your Jello

One of my secret weapons against hunger is my "Jacked Up Jello". Essentially, I have added a fiber supplement to it, which gives it more staying power. I have one at night and it helps me stick to my caloric goals.

You will need:

1 0.60 oz size of Sugar Free Jello (it makes 8, 1/2 cup servings)
1 cup clear soluble fiber supplement powder(ingredient=Dextrin)*
3 cups of boiling water
4 cups of cold water**
7 containers/cups to hold the individual portions (or more if you want smaller portions)

Dump Jello packet and soluble fiber supplement in to a bowl. Mix with a fork or whisk. Add 3 cups of boiling water and stir well until dissolved. Add 4 cups of cold water and stir. Divide evenly in to 7 containers and refrigerate.

And now you have a some Jacked Up Jello.


* You may want to work up to this amount. Try adding 1/4 cup first, then experiment to see what your body can take. Save money by buying the store brand.

** Yes this is more water than the package suggests, but I have found I can stretch it out this far without dire consequences.
Post a Comment