Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just Make It Stop (Update!)

It's been about 3 months since I switched birth control pills to stop crazy mood swings, food cravings and irritability and I'm happy to say there is only one side effect: happiness.

Yep, that's right. While the new pill does raise my blood sugar (so did the old one) everything else about it is fabulous. I was able to delete the "Sad Saturday" and "Wallop Wednesdays" warnings from my calendar. And I haven't put the skull and cross bones WARNING! magnet I created on the fridge (to remind my husband to be cautious around me) even once!

And I have decided that switching birth control pills is the second best medical decision of my life. #1 will always be going on an insulin pump, and #3 is taking fish oil. (I don't consider my emergency back surgery due to magically breaking my L6 disk a real choice, so it doesn't make the list.)

I had been scared to change because I thought the devil I knew was better than the one I didn't. Boy was I so very wrong. I'm glad I took that risk.
Post a Comment