Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Crank Up Your Body

We will be leaving for a German holiday soon, and I don't want to leave my fitness program behind. It helps my muscles, my heart and my mind. So in preparation for our departure, I have created and practiced a quickie routine I can do every day of our trip, if I so wish.

All you need is an interval timer (my Timex Ironman T59201 watch has one) and a towel or semi-soft surface (for cushioning for push-ups, etc.).

Quick Body Crank
Warm up for 5 minutes by jogging in place/dancing around

Set the interval timer to 30 seconds and start it.

Jog in place*
Single leg burpee
Jog in place
Side leaps
Jog in place
Push-ups
Jog in place
Bicycle
Jog in place
Dancing crab

Every time the interval timer beeps, I move on to the next exercise. I do that exercise as fast as I can safely do it until the timer beeps again. I repeat this whole circuit for a total of 30 minutes. Because of the speed of these moves, I consider this a mostly aerobic workout.

I've done it inside and I also had a lot of fun doing it outside among the apple blossoms. It's fun, it's fast and it kicks my butt!



* Can be replaced with jumping jacks or marching in place depending on your energy level and/or knees.
Post a Comment